The FBI Citizens Academy is a stimulating program that gives business, religious, civic, and community leaders an inside look at the FBI. During the academy, students gain insight into the structure and operation of FBI field offices and resident agencies and learn the services the FBI provides to local and state law enforcement agencies. It is the goal of the FBI Citizens Academy to foster a greater understanding of the role of federal law enforcement in the community through frank discussion and education.
We will host an in-person fall Citizens Academy to include a virtual component allowing for business, religious, civic, and community leaders in the RA’s to also attend. FBI Citizens Academy nomination forms are now available and can be found at fbi.gov/Portland/ (mash the Community Outreach tab) or www.fbi.gov/contact-us/field-offices/portland --- (nomination form is electronic only)
- Deadline to submit nomination form dead: Friday, July 16, 2021
- Selection made Friday, August 6, 2021
- If selected to attend, the applicant will be sent an application form where in which a background check will be performed. Part of the background check will include obtaining fingerprints from their local police department or here at our office. Fingerprinting at the Portland FBI office will be by appointment only. Virtual participants are not subject to fingerprinting but will be subject to the background check.
- If selected, deadline to have completed application turned in is Friday, August 13, 2021
The academy will be held on Wednesday evenings.
Check in each Wednesday will be from 5:45 p.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Presentations will be from 6:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
The Academy will be held at the Portland Division FBI building
9109 NE Cascades Parkway
Portland, Oregon 97220
And Virtual – Via Teams
Full Scope of the Academy
- 09/15th -- CA Class
- 09/22nd -- CA Class
- 09/29th -- CA Class
- 10/8th (Friday) RANGE DAY
- 10/13th -- CA Class
- 10/20th -- CA Class
- 10/27th --CA Class
- Graduation – TBD